An automatic gate is a great choice when it comes to safety and luxury, but like all mechanical systems, it isn’t designed to last forever. However, there’s a way to prolong its life. To do so, you must regularly inspect it and address any signs of damage.
Even though the use of automatic gates in 2023 was primarily commercial, their demand also started to grow for households. Regardless of your property type, this gate repair guide will teach you how to identify potential gate damage and the best time to repair or replace your gate.
Signs of Gate Damage
Investing in such a mechanical system might make you think it will stay there for a long time without fixing. But the reality is that your automatic gate must be taken care of. You shouldn’t avoid any signs of damage, such as:
- Unusual Noises: If you notice that your gate is suddenly making noises it wasn’t before, it’s a clear sign it needs a repair. The more you overlook these sounds, the greater the risk of permanent damage and costly repairs.
- Slower Response: Visitors might not notice this, but you know your gate well. You know precisely how long it takes for it to open. If there are any changes regarding this, for example, the gate is opening longer than usual, or not at all, it’s a clear sign you must have it inspected.
- Visible Damage: We’re not talking about wear and tear only. After all, a small scratch on a gate is an everyday occurrence. However, if there are signs of damage, such as rust or dents, your gate is obviously suffering and needs fixing. This is especially true for metal gates.
- Electrical Malfunctions: This depends on the type of electrical system you own. You might notice that the lights or remote aren’t working. It’s typically a control panel issue, so calling in professionals is wise unless you’re a trained expert.
- The Gate Won’t Open or Close: There’s the possibility of your automatic gate not opening or closing fully. This is an obvious sign you must have it checked out, as it’s the gate’s primary purpose. Apart from this, a gate leaning to one side is another sign you shouldn’t overlook.
The Best Time to Repair or Replace Your Gate
If you were expecting an answer that repairing your gate is better during summer, we’re sorry to disappoint. The best time to repair your gate is as soon as you notice any of the above-listed signs of damage. Delaying it will only make things worse.
As for gate replacement, you should start considering it if your gate has exceeded its lifespan. For example, it requires frequent repairs, and maintaining it costs too much. Investing in a new automatic gate should be your next step if you find yourself in this situation.
Learning to Invest in Gate Repair When Needed
The only thing left to say is – don’t avoid potential gate damage. If you notice any of the above-listed signs, call in a professional as soon as possible.
With 15 years of experience in gate repair, 4 Sure Gates will ensure your gate gets the attention it deserves. Regardless of whether it’s replacement or repair we’re talking about, reach out to us today and sleep soundly, knowing your gate keeps you safe!