Gate sensor installation in automatic gates is a great way to increase safety and security around your home or business. The convenience of relying on an automatic gate has long been popular among households and public establishments. With this technological advancement, the global automatic gate-opening system market expanded at a compound annual growth rate of around 7% from 2017 to 2021.
But gate sensor installation provides more advantages than you can think of. This article will explore the different types of gate sensors and the benefits of investing in one.
What Is a Gate Sensor?
A gate sensor is an electronic device that detects the presence of a person or object and triggers the gate to open or close. This helps ensure that the gates are only opened for authorized individuals, thus increasing the security of the premises.
Various sensors are used in automatic gates:
- Radar Movement Sensors – can detect individuals and any foreign material that moves but cannot detect stationary objects.
- Pressure Sensors – detect changes in the pressure or weight on a particular ground area and keep the gate open as long as someone is standing or walking nearby.
- Optical Sensors – are the most common sensors used in automatic gates; they use an antenna that produces a microwave beam to detect motion in front of the door.
- Passive Infrared Sensors – store infrared images that create a distinct signal for the gate to open when the thermal image changes.
- Active Infrared Sensors – have at least two receiver chips and a transmitter that protects door edges.
What Are the Benefits of Gate Sensor Installation?
1. Reduces Energy Costs
By installing sensors on your gate, you can automate its opening and closing, eliminating the need for manual operation. This means you can set the gate to open and close automatically at specific times, reducing the energy required to keep it running.
2. Improves Convenience
With an installed gate sensor, you no longer have to get out of your car to manually open the gate. You can simply press a button, and the gate will automatically open for you. This is especially useful when you don’t want to leave your car in bad weather conditions.
3. Monitors and Controls Access
The security of your property is paramount, and installing a gate sensor can significantly increase the security of your home or business. With a gate sensor, you can monitor who enters and exits your property, making identifying potential intruders or unauthorized individuals easier. Additionally, some gate sensors come equipped with cameras, which can capture footage of anyone attempting to access your property.
4. Detects When the Gate is Open
With a gate sensor installed, you can receive notifications on your phone or computer when the gate is open, allowing you to take immediate action. You especially need this when you’re away from home or have children or pets who may wander outside without your knowledge.
Let 4 Sure Gates Take Care of Your Gate Sensor Installation
Gate sensors are an excellent way to increase safety, security, and convenience around your home or workplace. They can provide automated access control, help reduce energy costs, and monitor who enters or leaves the premises. They can also detect when the gate is left open to prevent unauthorized access and reduce the risk of theft.
These sensors require care and expertise to be installed. Instead of doing it yourself and risking safety and budget, 4 Sure Gates can help you install them quickly and easily.
Contact us today.